April 30th, 2020
Business Development Intern
April 2020 – July 2020**
*Start and end dates are flexible depending on the applicant’s academic and/or travel schedule.
20 – 30 hours/week
Market conditions can change quickly in the complex and rapidly evolving world of innovation and entrepreneurship. Our team stays ahead of the competition by identifying future market trends and new growth opportunities on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for an out-of-the-box thinker who has the business acumen, strategic thinking, and decision-making skills to work as part of a dynamic team tackling unique projects supporting our business growth and delivering value to our portfolio startups, partners, and the community.
- Prepare strategic reports and presentations analyzing and evaluating new business initiatives
- Assist with the sourcing and due diligence of potential portfolio startups and businesses
- Perform industry research and analysis
- Asses industry trends and competitive dynamics
- Identify and evaluate partnership opportunities to support new and existing initiatives
- Formulate ideas and share findings and recommendations for the management team critical to the decision-making process.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to think strategically and work independently
- Demonstrate interest in the startup/entrepreneurship, potentially even want to start your own company